6 weeks (4 classes per week)
Monday - Thursday mornings, 9:30-11:30am
Online: 6-8 hours
Special pilot promotion:
$695 per person
(regular price $995)
Note: Cost per person includes $50 registration fee due following registration (non-refundable, transferable)
The Canadian CareerStart course is an intensive, six-week training program that focuses on the essential skills you need to find your first Canadian job. Since most jobs in Canada are not advertised, the course concentrates on developing the networking and communication skills you need to make connections and sell yourself to potential employers.
- Completing a Personal Career Inventory of your marketable skills and strengths
- Identifying possible career paths into the Canadian workplace
- Developing networking skills to use in person, on the phone, through LinkedIn, and in e- mails
- Analyzing job descriptions in terms of skill requirements and organizational culture
- Recognizing potential job opportunities that suit your skills and strengths
- Delivering a personal pitch describing the value you could bring to an organization
- Creating customized resumes and cover letters to sell yourself to employers
- Conducting an effective interview conversation with an employer
- Negotiating starting salary and other terms of employment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Newcomers seeking to start their career in Moncton who can’t afford to spend four to five
months out of the job market simply preparing for the job search. You need language and career development training that will enable you to start looking for a job in week one.
WHAT YOU NEED
- CLB level 7 or LINC 6
After you complete the registration, a McKenzie Representative will contact you to arrange payment for this course. The payment methods we offer are:
- Credit (Mastercard or Visa)
- Email Transfer
Payment plans are available by request.